From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Single by Arashi|
|from the album Arashi Single Collection 1999–2001|
|B-side||"Koi wa Breakin'"|
|Released||August 1, 2001|
|Arashi singles chronology|
"Jidai" (時代 Era) is the sixth single of the Japanese boy band Arashi. The single was released in two editions. While both the regular edition and limited edition contains two songs and its instrumentals, the two have different covers and only the limited edition included cards and a poster. It was certified platinum by the RIAJ for a shipment of 400,000 copies.
"Jidai" was used as the theme song for the drama Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo 3 starring Arashi member Jun Matsumoto in his first lead role. The single is also the last single to be released under the Pony Canyon label before the group moved to their private label J Storm by the end of 2001. On September 19, 2001, "Jidai" was named Best Theme Song in the 30th Television Drama Academy Awards.
All track arrangements done by Chokkaku
|1.||"Jidai" (時代, "Era")||Tsukasa||Tsukasa||4:52|
|2.||"Koi wa Breakin'" (恋はブレッキー, "Love is Breakin'")||Maria Kuze||Kōji Makaino||4:33|
|4.||"Koi wa Breakin'" (instrumental)||Kuze||Makaino||4:33|
|Japan Oricon Weekly Singles Chart||1|
|Japan Oricon Yearly Singles Chart||48|
- "ARASHI / ARASHI 5×10 All the BEST! 1999-2009 [2CD]" (in Japanese). CD Journal. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "GOLD ALBUM 他認定作品 2001年8月度" [Gold Albums, and other certified works. August 2001 Edition] (PDF). The Record (Bulletin) (in Japanese). Chūō, Tokyo: Recording Industry Association of Japan. 503: 12. October 10, 2001. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 23, 2011. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- ザテレビジョン ドラマアカデミー賞: 【第30回 主題歌賞】「時代」嵐 (in Japanese). Television Drama Academy Awards. September 19, 2001. Retrieved September 25, 2009.
- 2001年08月第2週の邦楽シングルランキング情報 (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- Jidai, Retrieved 2009-12-18[circular reference]
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.